Casa e Iglesia de Nantoco
The house with its church is located in the village of Nantoco, 26 km from Copiapó and 10 km from Tierra Amarilla. It was declared a National Monument in 1984.
It was built in 1870 as a country residence for the wealthy mining entrepreneur Apolinario Soto. The style is neo-classical and the design is that of a one-floor country house, surrounded by a corridor supported on ten Doric columns and crowned by a lookout tower.
In front there is park and, at the side, the church, consisting of a single nave, of which only the pediment and the tower remain.
Its importance lies in the fact that it represents a true example of the area’s mining history at its peak.