Public Holidays in Chile
Below are listed the public holidays recognised in Chile:
- New Year’s Day – 1st January
- Good Friday – March or April (Variable)
- Labour Day – 1st May
- Navy Day – 21st May
- Corpus Christi – June (Variable)
- St Peter and St Paul – 29th June
- Assumption of the Virgin – 15th August
- Independence Day – 18th September
- Army Day -19th September
- Discovery Day – 12th October
- All Saints – 1st November
- Immaculate Conception – 8th December
- Christmas Day – 25th December
- On public holidays shopping centres, restaurants, shows, large supermarkets and public transport generally function as usual, although opening times and timetables may be affected in some cases.
- 1st May, Labour Day, is the only day when everything is closed for part of the day.
Do you like what you see? Share it!