Places to visit around Castro
The striking features of this village are the houses built with traditional wooden tiles and its colourful polychrome church. It is 4 Km north of Castro, along the road to Dalcahue.
Situated in Nercón, 4 Km south of Castro. The church building was started in the middle of the 19th century and finished in 1890. Larch and cypress trees were used to construct the building that measures 40 m long,15 m wide and including the tower 25 m high.
It was declared a National Monument in1984 and a World Heritage Site in December, 2000.
It is located on the Dalcahue road heading out of Castro, in the village square in Rilán, 27 Km from Castro. The present day church, built at the start of the 20th century, represents the Chilote school of architecture at its best.
It was declared a National Monument in 1971 and a World Heritage Site in December, 2000.