Parishes and Churches in Viña del Mar
Parroquia Nuestra Señora de Los Dolores
This was the first church built in1882, on the grounds of the 7 Sisters Estate in Viña del Mar. The present day parish was built after the 1906 earthquake as the original building was destroyed. It is situated on the land where the original chapel was built and was commissioned by the owner, doña Dolores Pérez de Álvarez who donated the land for this purpose. The building was inaugurated again in 1912. Its modern romantic style is representative of Viña del Mar’s religious traditions and spiritual life.
It is situated on the corner of Calle Álvarez and Plaza Parroquia. Masses are held every day at 12:00 and 20:00.
Parroquia san Miguel Padres Capuchinos
The Convent of the Church of Los Padres Capuchinos was built on land acquired by don Fermín Quinteros’s family. The first stone was put in place on 27th February in 1916, by Father José de Lagarda, the founder of the Convent and its first church.
The church’s style conforms to Spanish Romantic, its exterior is characterised by a espadaña (a bell tower with 3 arches) where bells with pinions were placed. Inside the building the main body has 7 arches, set on top of 7 pairs of columns, there are 6 windows on each side and a bright red rose window behind the choir. It is located in calle Arturo Prat 145, Recreo. Masses are held every day at 8:00, 12:00 and19:00.
Parroquia de la Virgen del Carmen
This is a gothic style church that was designed by the arquitect of the religious order known as Rufo de La Cruz. The windows that were brought over from Barcelona create a bright, harmonious atmosphere inside. It was opened on 11th December in 1926. The Diocese officially decreed it as a parish in 1965.
It is situated in Avenida Libertad 394 between 4 and 5 Norte. Masses are held from Monday to Saturday at 8:00, 10:00, 12:00 and 19:00 and on Sundays at 8:00, 9:00, 12:00, 13:00, 19:00 and 20:00.
Parroquia Santa Maria de Los Ángeles
Located in Avenida Borgoño 14900. Masses are held at 20:00.