This beautiful 18th Century church located in the town of Guacarhue was designed by the famous Italian architect Toesca. It was faithfully restored after being damaged in the earthquake of 1835.It is one of the oldest churches in the Cachapoal valley. It sits on a set of four stairs which runs all the way around the facade and the main tower. It has been well preserved and has the peculiar feature of having two right-angled naves with the altar sitting where these meet.
The church continues right up to the square – an interesting design which makes the church stand out.