Church of Chelín
Located on the island of Chelín, in the town of the same name, the patron saint of this church is Our Lady of the Rosary and the celebration in her honor takes place on 30 August.
This chapel dates from approximately 1888, and is noted for its architectural qualities and neoclassical details. It has six conical columns in a hallway filled with beautiful statues. The ceiling is made of woven panels of wood with horizontal panels of alerce wood. At the back of the church is the cemetery with its little wooden houses, very typical of the Island of Chiloé.
In 1990 it was restored, which is why it’s in such good condition nowadays.
It was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in June 2001.